Monday, August 6, 2012

OKC Classic Recap......

All in all I was very pleased with the performance of the 405 family of athletes. A LOT of knowledge was gained and some trouble areas were exposed. I thought we handled a very chaotic situation with professionalism and poise. When teams were complaining, ours were stoic, While other athletes displayed improper form or movement standards, ours exemplified proper form and movement techniques. And I think that in itself is a victory. Being able to walk away knowing you did the right thing regardless of placement.

We had some first timers go out and put on a great show of heart and determination. Matt, what can I say, you impressed me the most. I got to watch all of your events and you my friend are a BEAST. After a couple more scaled events I think you will have the experience to step up to bat with the big boys!

Dom, Great Job! A top 10 finish in your first event is legit! I think you learned a lot about yourself and what to focus your training on. We have already talked a little bit but if you want more advice just let me know.

Allan, We will never know how it really could have ended, or where the other 70 Double unders went, But you did GREAT brother. 2 events..... 2 top 10's, I know your not satisfied with that but take a second to appreciate it. Your time will come bro! Keep the drive and the podium will be your next stop!

Aaron did 5 workouts in 5 hours, Take a fucking rest day! Great work brother!

DL, I didn't get to see much of your work bro but I am sure you gave it hell. And I don't need to tell you that if a weakness was exposed, attack that shit! And you still are my hero!

No Pants Killed it again! You did Awesome! Another top 10! I was very impressed watching you. You spead up when the other girls slowed down, keep that mental attitude and the podium will come!

TEAM 405 STRONG, other then an unexpected slip up, we did pretty much what we set out to do. Alex and Katie competed in thier first event and killed it. I think Alex saw first hand just how much adrenaline can influence a lift... 175 might still be in orbit somewhere over Russia right now. Katie, your a beast , but I already knew that from watching you in the strongman class. Keep up the training and the sky is the limit! Becky, also an unbelieveable athlete, You kick ass girlfriend, I think you will do well in future competitions, work on your weaknesses and you will do great! As for JT and Myself we need no accalaids, we were there for you guys not ourselves, Our main purpose was to help and guide you new guys. And last but certainly not least... The lovely Gena, You can be my teammate any time! I don't know if you were nervous at all, every time I looked at you, you looked calm and collected and it really helped to center me in all of the chaos and I thank you for that! And your buzzer beater clean and jerk was FUCKING AWESOME even though it was the same weight.

MIDTOWN MUSCLE, I saw a lot of good things from you guys! Some clean and jerk expectations were met, some weaknesses were exposed, and you guys exemplified comradere and team spirit (I still want a shirt!). Audra and Holly had probably the best squat form out of all the girl athletes I observed, which says a lot about your training and personal standards, I loved everything about that event for you two! Ethan and Andrew, obviously I didn't get to see you because we were in the smae heats but I know you did your best and if you saw a weakness, you will work on it. Amy, You are a monster and we all know that, Don't get to frustrated, we all have bad events, you get better by analyzing that situation, training what needs to be trained and attacking it next time you see it!

Over all 405 showed up, did work, and took care of buisness, I am PROUD to train with all of you and be a part of this family!!! If anyone needs help or wants advice please come talk to me, Justin, DL, or Aaron. We all are willing to help you and make you better!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment